Denise is CEO of Appleby Retirement Consulting Inc., a firm that provides IRA tools and resources for financial and tax professionals. She has over 17 years of experience in the retirement plans field, which includes training and technical consultation for financial professionals.
Denise has provided training, including CE approved courses, to thousands of financial advisors, as well as tax and legal professionals on the rules and regulations that govern IRAs, SEP IRAs, SIMPLE IRAs and employer-sponsored qualified plans.
The creator and CEO of www.retirementdictionary.com, a free consumer website containing a wealth of information about retirement accounts rules and regulations, Denise has appeared on CNBC’s “Business News,” Fox Business Network, and numerous radio shows, and her insights on retirement accounts have been quoted in the Wall Street Journal, Investor’s Business Daily, CBS Marketwatch’s Retirement Weekly, and other financial publications.
Denise has written over 500 articles on the rules and regulations that govern IRAs and employer-sponsored retirement plans, and she has co-authored the following three books on retirement accounts:
– Roth IRA Answer Book, Published by Aspen Publishers. An updated tutorials on Roth accounts for pension consultants, insurance agents, financial planners and investment advisors, plan administrators, lawyers, and accountants, as well as businesses that promote, market, service, or provide technical support to retirement plans, products, and related services.
– Quick Reference to IRAs, Published by Aspen Publishers. This book provides attorneys, accountants, financial planners, and consultants – along with their clients – with the essential facts and advice regarding the planning, implementation, and administration of IRAs.
– Adviser’s Guide to Retirement Plans for Small Businesses, Published by AICPA. Provides you with the knowledge and tools you need to offer strategic advice about retirement plans. In 30 chapters, you’ll find discussion of statutory requirements, the legal structure of various plan types, as well as detailed information on plan design, establishment, monitoring, administration, correction of failures, and termination.
Denise also wrote and published Appleby’s IRA Quick Reference Guides Booklet: A compilation of IRA Guides with features, benefits, rules and tips.
A Rutgers University graduate, Denise has earned the following professional designations:
- Accredited Pension Administrator (APA) from the National Institute of Pension Administrators;
- Certified IRA Services Professional (CISP) designation from the Institute of Certified Bankers;
- Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist (CRPS) designation from the College for Financial Planning;
- Certified Retirement Services Professional (CRSP) designation from the Institute of Certified Bankers; and
- Certified Retirement Counselor (CRC) designation from the International Foundation for Retirement Education (InFRE).