You only get one chance to sell your business.
Business owners stink at planning for retirement! They invest everything into their business (un-diversified portfolio) and 78% of them count on the sale of their business to fund their retirement (un-guaranteed income stream). Source: Cornerstone Business Services. Often times, they work until they’re burnt out, then their business suffers, along with their retirement plan.
Learn how to connect with business owners – even if they’re not looking to sell anytime soon – to help them not only maximize the value of their business, but design a better retirement plan than hope. You’ll increase your AUM, increase your life insurance sales, all while doing the right thing for your clients (that no one else is talking to them about!)
Scott Bushkie, CBI, M&AMI is a thought-leader in the world of business succession planning, and has developed a proven process to help business owners through, quite possibly, the biggest sale or purchase of their lifetime. A key part of this offer is an Estimate of Value, which is appropriate for:
- Business owners considering a sale
- Estate planning/Buy Sell Agreements
- Internal transition to next generation/current management
- Buying a business
- Strategic planning
The EOV value is a professional opinion based on Cornerstone’s many resources which take into account:
- Trends within your industry
- Historic cash flow and future earning potential
- Trends in the M&A marketplace
- Value drivers in your industry (e.g. management team, customer concentration, margins, EBITDA, sales growth, processes)
- Current economy
- Lending environment and interest rates
- Synergistic acquisition opportunities
- Market data from other privately held companies that have sold in your industry
Watch the Business Succession Planning Training Webinar for Advisors:
Listen to Scott’s 3-part podcast series on how to enhance the value of your business.
Ask us how to use these podcasts to educate your clients & grow your business.
Listen to Part 1:
Listen to Part 2:
Listen to Part 3: