Jim is both a nationally and internationally recognized speaker. He has spoken for many industry organizations, advisor study groups, and company training events, been published in many industry publications, and been interviewed by numerous financial industry leaders.
Book Jim for your next event
Jim Silbernagel’s Bio [Download PDF]
Jim Silbernagel is an independent agent registered with Concorde Investment Services, LLC. He entered the insurance industry in 1982 followed by the financial services industry in 1986. Jim holds securities licenses; Series 6 (Investment Company and Variable Contracts Products Representative), 7 (The General Securities Representative Qualification), 63 (Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination) and 66 (Uniform Investment Advisor Combined State Laws). He is insurance licensed for life, health and property/casualty since 1985. Jim has earned his Certified Financial Professional® (CFP®), Certified Elder Planning Specialist (CEPS), Life and Annuity Certified Professional (LACP) and Life Underwriter Training Council Fellow (LUTCF) designations.
Jim is the creator and host of Real Wealth®, an online radio program for insurance and financial professionals to educate their clients and keep in touch with them between meetings. Jim also leads Power Session LIVE, a monthly best practice and sales ideas session with top industry leaders.
Jim is a Life and Qualifying Member of MDRT since 1995. He qualified for his first Court of the Table in 1998 and his first Top of the Table in 2001, putting him within the top 1% of financial advisors worldwide. Since 2002, Jim has been a Member of Forum 400, an elite organization comprised of leaders in production and innovation in financial services with only 280 advisor members nationwide who meet their qualifying criteria. Jim has been a passionate NAIFA Member since 1989. He is also a Member of FSP, Financial Services Institute and Advisors in Philanthropy. He is a proud Ambassador for Main Street Philanthropy and past Moderator for Junior Achievement. Among other things, he supports IFAPAC, AHIA, the MDRT Foundation and LIFE Happens. In fact, he was a 2006 judge for LIFE Happen’s REAL LIFE STORIES. and in 2018 Jim and a client story were selected to be highlighted in a Real Life Stories video feature – view below. Jim is a keynote speaker, presenting for many industry groups and companies, including NAIFA, FPA, MDRT and Forum 400. Jim serves Middle America in Kewaskum, WI, a small town of 4,004 people.
Jim has been happily married to Joanne for over 30 years. He has two sons, Frank and Warren, and one daughter, Angela. He spends his free time fishing, boating and flying.
Jim’s mission in life is to make a positive, meaningful difference in people’s lives.
Publications Jim is featured in:
- Persistent Consistency – Thom Singer
- Life Insurance Legends Panel – Advisor Today
- Strategies to Combat Financial Illiteracy within the Sound of Your Voice – Advisorist Podcast
- Learning the Middle American Mindset / Estate Planning Below the Unified Credit / Planning for Joe Lunch Bucket Brings Home the Bacon Keys to Success in a Small Market – Steve Savant’s Let’s Get Down To Business Series
- If my adult children are college-educated, do I need to talk to them about family finances? – Breaking Money Silence Podcast
- 5-minute Finance: Making the Most of a Family Meeting – AdvisorNews
- Fast, Furious Ways To Speed Up Sales – InsuranceNewsNet
Licensing and Designations
- Jim holds securities licenses; Series 6, 7, 63 and 66
- Licensed for life, health and property/casualty insurance since 1985
- Has earned his Life Underwriter Training Council Fellow (LUTCF), Life and Annuity Certified Professional (LACP) Certified Elder Planning Specialist (CEPS), and Certified Financial Planner® (CFP®) designations.
Professional Organization Involvement
- Life and Qualifying Member of MDRT since 1995
- Qualified for his first Court of the Table in 1998 and his first Top of the Table in 2001
- Member of Forum 400 since 2002
- Former Forum 400 Board Member
- Passionate NAIFA Member since 1989
- Former President for NAIFA-Ozaukee/Washington
- Served in nearly every board position for local NAIFA chapter
- Million Dollar Round Table Foundation Chair Member
- Advisory Board for 6 years with Woodbury Financial
- Served on the expert panel for LTC for the FPA of WI
- Keynote Speaker, presenting for groups including NAIFA, FPA, MDRT, and Forum 400
Philanthropy and Volunteering
- Ambassador and Board Member of Main Street Philanthropy
- Former Moderator for Junior Achievement
- Supporter of IFAPAC, AHIA, the MDRT Foundation and LIFE Happens
- 2006 judge for LIFE Happens’ REAL LIFE STORIES
- 2018 Real Life Stories Feature Story with Jim and a client
- Phone-a-thon Chair for the Million Dollar Round Table Foundation
- Member of Financial Services Institute and Advisors in Philanthropy
- Makes regular time, talent, and treasure donations to nonprofits including the Boys & Girls Club, Stars and Stripes Honor Flights, and even took his entire office to volunteer at the Ronald McDonald House as part of the 2019 Christmas Party.
As featured in:
Book Jim for your next event
Jim offers securities through Concorde Investment Services, LLC (CIS), member FINRA/SIPC; advisory services offered through Concorde Asset Management, LLC (CAM), an SEC registered investment advisor; and insurance through Real Wealth Insurance Services, LLC (RWI). The Silbernagel Group, Inc. and RWI are independent of CIS and CAM. Check the background of this investment professional on FINRA BrokerCheck