Coach Thull has logged over 60,000 miles and has competed at the high school, college, & elite level and still continues to train up to 100 miles a week for elite competitions. He also has a wealth of coaching experience at the high school, college, and professional levels. All of this experience has been gained while leading a busy life schedule of work, family, travel, & other events. Coach Thull has learned how to train around life’s typical daily demands.
Before his coaching biz–He was a teacher for 6 years in Milwaukee and in financial planning for 4 years with ING here in Milwaukee.
- Over the past 15 years Coach Matt has worked with a wide range of athletes; Olympic Trials hopefuls, regional runners, masters runners, high school athletes, and beginners; all with the common goal of becoming the best runner they can be.
- Former head Girls CC Coach at Divine Savior Holy Angels High School – team became state-ranked in two years.
- Coached two 3200m boys state high school champions in first two years of coaching high school track.
- Coached several top five US Masters ranked runners in CC & 5K to marathon distances.
- Coach of many beginning runners with goals of racing their first 5k to the Marathon along with seasoned runners looking to run new personal bests.